In a departure from my usual type of post this one is a bit of fun but bear with me. The lovely Becci who blogs at The Unnatural Mother has nominated me to join in with The 20 Facts About Me Challenge. Sit back and I hope you enjoy finding out a bit more about me aside from being Lyla’s mum.
- I met my husband on the internet and moved to Australia with him 7 months later. The longest period of time we had spent together before we emigrated was 7 days on holiday in Spain.
- I hate olives, absolutely detest them, even the smell of them makes me dry heave.
- I played Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz in a school play at primary school.
- I have lived in 5 different countries and 17 homes.
- I have an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- My favourite food is pizza, ‘erry day pizza, any toppings, from anywhere, just pizza.
- The first band I ever saw live was Take That.
- My waters broke in my first pregnancy when I was having lunch in a posh cafe with my parents, I didn’t tell anyone and I drove us all the 30 minute drive home before letting them know I was in labour.
- I gave birth the first time with no drugs; I would have taken whatever was on offer but no one offered and I was too
preoccupiedpolite to ask for anything! For the record I also didn’t swear once which I think was a miracle.
- I didn’t own my own car until I was 28.
- Growing up I wanted to move to New York and write for the New York Times.
- I have suffered from severe anxiety and depression for nearly two years and firmly believe that without antidepressants I would now be divorced or locked up for murder.
- I have not one single regret about moving back to Glasgow from Australia, I miss my friends like I am missing half my heart but still I have no regrets.
- My first weekend job was in a local newsagents and I would have spent my wages on chocolate and magazines before I had even left the shop!
- I am petrified of butterflies and moths. I bypass the butterfly house at the zoo and can’t even look at things with a butterfly picture on them.
- Cards and notebooks are my favourite things to buy, I have a big box filled with cards for all occasions and I send surprise cards to friends for no reason just to pop up in their letter box when they least expect it.
- Christmas is my favourite time of the year, I am a total Christmas nut.
- I named my daughter after a character in the tv show I was obsessed with when pregnant with her.
- I don’t have any tattoos (yet) and I have had my ears pierced 4 times but all the holes closed up when I was pregnant.
- I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
That was fun! I hope you enjoyed finding out more weird and wonderful things about me, please don’t hold any of them against me, I’m sure there are some of them you wish you didn’t know.
Now it’s my turn to nominate some of my favourite bloggers to take part in the 20 Facts About Me challenge.
Kayleigh from Little B and Me
Jess from Jess and Bodhi